Monday, February 14, 2011

Taxing Pensions

I saw the clip of the Governor giving testimony about taxing State worker pensions.  While I hope this will not make anyone fall into poverty, I was glad to see the Governor say that the Unions aren't his pals.  While various public worker unions may have been very useful at one time, I believe they have simply become heavy political activists who wants their share of pork at the troughs.  The recent furloughs were unprecedented and so is the proposed tax on pensions. 

I am concerned however, about the introduction of various new taxes instead of seeing more proposed cuts.  If the State doesn't have enough money, then they should live within their means instead of taking more and more from an already overtaxed population.  It only gets worse with the groundbreaking of the rail and the city's requirement to upgrade and fix many existing sewer projects. 

I liken out government to the man who killed the golden goose. 

3 comments:

  1. It's about time. Down with HGEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They want to tax my hard earn annuity. Then you thought they were done, they want to take away the people who itemize on their year end tax. My wife and I both retired itemized.
    These Democrats control run the legislature with probably a horrified budget. They get very high per dien for part time work. How about giving back their whopping 36 percent pay raise last year. Yes Last year when the State was in a budget crisis as it is now.
    Democrats are not only moral less but they are greedy! scratching the pocket of over tax-burden people like me and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad but for some reason, our state onl;y elevct democrats who continue to take all of our money by raising tax after tax.

    ReplyDelete