Sunday, February 6, 2011

More Taxes?

I just completed my taxes for 2010, thanks to turbo tax!  What I found perplexing is that I made about the same amount of income from last year, but I had more itemized deductions because I gave a chunk of chnage to charity.  Despite having less "adjusted gross income". I ended up with a smaller tax returm than last year.  I also learned that the State of Hawaii is going to pile more taxes on the public because of the "deficit". 

I find it maddening when the Stat of Hawai's deficit is self inflicted.  Meaning they State simply wants to spend a billion dollars more than last year, which is the deficit.  Go figure!   Pretty soon we're going to be taxed for breathing and exhaling. 

It's too bad that we have an overwhelming majority party.  While you may be a democrat, you have to admit that we are being taxed to the brink and there is no opposition because of this.  Let your lawmakers hear your voice.  That we cannot keep this up without something giving.  What's next?  

No comments:

Post a Comment